Pages

Monday, August 6, 2007

creepy ads

I love the marketing tactic where the spokesmodel unleashes some not-so-subtle subliminal message on you that you MUST have what they are harking. Example: Britney's fragrance, Fantasy, has the logo "everybody has one"

The latest one: Sarah Jessica Parker's "Covet"... the whole reason for this post was because I was watching Beauty and the Geek (great show btw ahah) and every time this commercial came on (which was quite often), I had to switch to the next channel because the ending freaked me out. She looks CRAZY! Which I assume is what she's going for but it just stepped over that line from "funny creepy" to "creepy creepy" for me.

It looks scarier on TV, I must admit.

1 comment:

Will-E said...

i can see that you're busy packing... youre cute :)

btw, you mean "hawking", not "harking"... my cute fobby baby :) love you!