Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apenheul, aka Monkey Land!

Over the weekend, we went to this great monkey zoo in Holland called Apenhuel. It has really nice set ups for the monkeys (and some apes), even letting small monkeys roam free! I was disappointed that the monkeys didn't care about us more though-- they just ignored us :( I thought they'd be climbing all over me and I'd be plotting my takeover of the world ala Beastmaster.



monkey-proof bag!




This was actually a rather big monkey to be roaming freely. What was interesting was that even though they clearly CAN roam past their "enclosures," they didn't. Some monkeys veered toward the very edge (as it did here), but didn't go further... almost as if there was an invisible or mental barrier.

these spider monkeys were so tiny, so numerous, and so cute!

monkey fight!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: