Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

the birds die of jealousy and the owl does not care


Went to the Getty Villa yesterday. It was nice, especially considering that it's free. It's a small museum, but apparently has one of the top Greek/Roman/Estrucan collections. I don't have the eye to tell, but my step-dad (who collects/trades antiques) thinks so too.



Besides the gardens, I did like their mosaic exhibition and their glass exhibition. But what REALLY motivated me to write about this was my favorite piece from the Tunisia mosaic exhibition (pics weren't allowed inside that particular exhibit so I took the picture in the book hahah).


You can click the second picture to read the description in the book, but basically, above the inscription in the top reads: "invidia rupuntur aves neque noctua curat" which may be translated to:

"the birds die of jealousy and the owl does not care."

I found that to be pretty hilarious. The owl is too regal 4 u! hahaha

Some other cool pieces:







Posted by Picasa

No comments: