Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lawry's in a Mall Food Court

So in Westfield's Century City mall, there is a pretty nice food court. I used to love getting chili from this one vendor called "Red Rock Chili," so I was pretty sad to hear that it is no longer there. But then my informant casually mentioned that it was replaced by a Lawry's steak sandwich joint-- Lawry's Carvery.

Yup, that Lawry's that everyone in my high school seemed to think was the fanciest place to go to in LA. In a mall food court ahah. YAY! Isn't Century City just so fancy schmancy? Well, I guess you can get Lawry's products in Ralph's. Anyway, so that became next on my to-do list for quick eats.

Actually to be honest when I went to the Lawry's in Beverly Hills, I didn't have the best experience. But I will admit that it was probably because I was foolish and got my prime rib medium rare (maybe even medium... ::blushes::). Which is kind of weird because I don't really mind red red meat as long as it's not still moo-ing. But anyway, it was pretty damn chewy, like secretly-spit-chewy-portions-into-my-napkin chewy.

So I was ready to get a steak sandwich when I realized you could just get a regular plate of prime rib with sides. Well I love mashed potatoes like no other so W and I went for it. and..... It was awesome. It was actually even better than what I had at the restaurant, isn't that sad?

So if you ever want Lawry's prime rib and don't care about the atmosphere, head to the CC food court! It's not exactly food court prices, but I thought it was worth it-- $14.99 for 6 oz., $19.99 for 9 oz., and $24.99 for 12 oz., all including two sides.


//

Picture of the Post:


while we're on the topic of food:
traditional Bavarian fare in Munich's Hofbrauhaus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Electronic memory is something that I seem to be unable to ever have enough of. It's as if megabytes and gigabytes have become an inseparable part of my every day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my NDS flash card, I've been on the constant lookout for large memory at cheap prices. I feel like I'm going insane.

(Submitted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] PostNext)