Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy New Year

It's already 2008. The 2000 years are flying by. This tells me I'm getting old, because years were just so much more substantial when I was younger.

Embarrassing moment of the week: writing "your" instead of "you're" to a person at the firm I'm going to. I really hate those mistakes, they make a person look dumb. The worst is when you notice it right when you click "send."

Some 2008 goals I don't mind sharing:
1) being able to comprehend a Chinese newspaper by the end of the year
2) being healthier
3) being on time
4) becoming principle-centered

Some people think new year's resolutions are lame, useless, for the desperate. Whatever, I think if you want to have them then have them. It's better to self-evaluate at SOME point rather than never, right? True, you can start turning your life around at any minute. But there's a reason why we like to celebrate a new year-- it just feels significant.

It's helpful to break them down into weekly/monthly goals. E.g. 20 new Chinese characters per week, working out at least 2x per week, and learning to cook (so as to eat better). Being on time... well that's a life long struggle for me :P I think it will have to be dealt with by becoming principle-centered... on the right principles. I admire people with a strong sense of principle (but are subtle about it).

I hope this will be a great year. Classes this semester are interesting, despite their boring names: Evidence, Business Associations, Taxation of Businesses, and Professional Responsibility. PR is very interesting-- ethics topics usually are-- I think it will provide good blog material. Anyway, the summer should be awesome (though I will make sure to work for it), and I'm hoping for a trip down to South America for the first time this winter.

Happy 2008.

//

Picture of the Post:

No comments: