Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Smooth Seas Do Not Make Skilled Sailors


"Smooth seas do not make skilled sailors." -African proverb

So I recently downloaded the cutest "gratitude journal" onto my iPhone (search "happy tapper" or "gratitude" on the app store... look for the Buddha Baby). Each day I jot down five things I'm grateful for, and I get a quote in return. I think it's a sweet idea, especially as I can sometimes be a very glass half-full type of person on certain things.

After one of the most tiring days of Bar/bri (btw, I so failed on my attempt to chronicle my Bar/bri adventure), I got this quote. It really connected with me, partly because I enjoy alliterations, party because of the imagery, and partly because it was so timely. Sure it's been said a many times in many ways, but sometimes timing is what matters.

I don't like rough seas but I must learn to appreciate them.

No comments: