Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's Finals Time

I've slipped into finals mode. There are technically still two days of instruction left, as well as a week and a half until my first final, but in reality I'm kind of a late-starter. I feel like some people have been in finals mode the whole semester.

Finals time is interesting. On the one hand, you are stressed out because these darn finals are 100% of your all-important 1L grades. On the other hand, it's a little bit like a vacation because I don't have to go to school, I study in my pj's all day, make kitchen runs every 2 hours, etc. I like it.

It's important for me to have "happy things" during finals time.

Sunflowers from W. I love happy flowers.

Simple things: something about a big group of chopped carrots + celery is pleasing to me. It's probably the bright colors and cute shapes. I really dont like eating either of the two, but they are good in soups at least.

Obviously, I can't go anywhere fun during finals (unles you count the market, which sadly I do find fun). But once in a while I like to take a break with these super cool panorama picture sites. You get a complete view of the place (here, Machu Picchu)-- not just 360 degrees around, but up in the sky and down on the ground, too. It really gives you a good feel of what it's like to be there (based off the pics of places I have been to).
Check out Panoramas.dk


Yeah really gotta take in the simple pleasures right now hahah. I realize that I'm studying more than ever, but it's not that bad because you take for granted that this is how it has to be. Instead of being a huge drag, I can't believe I'm nearing the end of my 1L. Overall, it's been a great experience. There are times when I can't stand going to class or want to rip my hair off because of some writing assignment, but at the end, the law is really interesting. I've realized that, if you ever want to do something, think twice about listening to naysayers (somehow their words stick in your mind more). Seek out the advice of someone who has the same personality, temperament, capabilities etc. as you. It would be sad to be discouraged from doing something that could turn out great.


And lastly, an image I find funny:



1 comment:

Mike Lee said...

i almost LOLed at that picture