Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

McDonalds in Thailand



One thing I like to do when I'm visiting a different country is to see what unique things are on the McDonald's menus there (I try not to eat there when I'm out and about... although sometimes you just start craving fries no matter where you are, I'm sorry...). It's like a lesson in globalization and cultural integration ;)

Here in Thailand (and also in most Asian cities I've been to) are Taro, Corn, and Pineapple flavored pies. China had green bean pies, too. There should be a "McDonalds Around the World" book. I always talk about this. I should get over it hahah.

Somewhat related: I am very much against these chains opening in the middle of extremely cultural places. I hope they have kicked that Starbucks out of the Forbidden City by now >:(

--
Posted by Picasa

No comments: