Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

crazy tacos, crazy gas station, crazy concert hall

My title sounds like an annoying radio commercial.

Crazy tacos
: Although I have been passing by El Ranchero (Garfield & Mission) for as long as I can remember, I've never actually been inside. Well I went for the first time today for their Monday Madness. It is pretty Mad. Soft tacos (corn tortilla) that are usually $1.50 are $0.50!!! Mad!!! Honestly, they're good (although I don't know about for $1.50...). The only thing that surprised me was that I liked carnitas the least (out of carne asada, pollo, and carnitas). The carne asada and chicken are great. Eaten along with an XL Orange Bang by your side, it's Mad!! OK i'll stop.

Crazy gas station: We were heading down Olympic towards Santa Monica when we passed by this CRAZY gas station! I think it's BP. Wish we had a better picture.

gas station from another planet! i'm easily amused.

Crazy concert hall: Went to the crazy Disney concert hall to watch this show called Shen Wei and company, "Connect/Transfer." It was a unique show fusing dance, music, and art. Some parts were a little too interpretive-abstract dancing for me, but overall it was great. The dancers were incredibly talented and the pianist was truly amazing (spoken in my best critic's voice oui oui). A part of the show was them painting the canvas floor with their bodies as they danced.

Before:
After:

Modern art tends to have a way of looking like children's art, but I like it. This show was actually better viewed up high from nosebleed ;) Go poor grad students!


One more from the outside, just for good measure :) :

No comments: