Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

el cucuy and mandril

El Cucuy and Mandril.

These posters are EVERYWHERE. I think this is the first picture I have taken of a busstop ad-- that's how prevalent they are. They half amuse me, half frighten me. Especially that little monkey man, Mandril. I mean, WHAT is he doing??

I was thinking that maybe, if I understood Spanish, I would listen to them in the morning because they sure look like they are on something that I should be on. Look at that smile on El Cucuy. "EEE!" That's the noise I would make if I were smiling like that.

But really, I wouldn't. I hate waking up to loud music/noise. Scares the poo out of me and puts me in a bad mood. What works best is actually NPR. That mellow newscaster voice with the pleasant melodies in between talks. Discussing something interesting but not dense... something like mandrills. or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!
Been anti-obsessed with these posters too (along with a few other friends I know). Even more hilarious is the fact that we have a sound for Mandrill 'AIIIIYEEE'.