Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coffee Bean's Honeydew Oolong Tea


Best thing to happen to me all of last week: finding out that Coffee Bean is bringing back its Honeydew Oolong Tea. I actually screamed a little when I read it. While alone in a parking structure.

This tea has a honeydew flavor and scent that somehow matches perfectly with the taste of oolong tea, which is somewhere between black and green tea. Its taste is not as deep/strong as black tea, but it does not have that somewhat grassy taste of green tea. Amber colored and almost sweet.

They stopped making this tea about two years ago, and I have been unsuccessfully trying to find an adequate substitute since. Republic of Tea makes a Honeydew White Tea, but it doesn't come close. It got to the point where I actually emailed Coffee Bean to ask if they would ever bring it back (and I never email companies over things, even when their products cause me great suffering/joy) (and there are few things that go away that I am not able to just forget about in a short time). I like to think that my single email made this whole comeback happen. Haha.

So yay! It's back today! And I noticed there is also a new Orange Blossom Oolong tea too... mmm sounds good. Good enough news to somewhat offset the other big news of the week: my future firm conducted mass layoffs and we 3Ls are faced with quite the difficult choice over start dates (and worries about job security in general). -__- Sad.

Back to studying for my Property Tax final.

2 comments:

Will-E said...

honeydew tea! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Andrew said...

Damn, you make this tea sound like it's the best tea ever. I have to try it now. I better not be disappointed...