Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yummy Lead


I think these old school ads are funny. I mean, sad too, but funny. I wonder which ads & products we take for granted today will become the ridiculous ads of the future. Claritin causes cancer? Teddy Grahams contain innuendo? Kleenex is an derogatory word?

Source

Btw, this Chris Brown and Rihanna story is ridiculous. I didn't really expect to, but I've since had several thought-provoking conversations about domestic violence. Speculations aside, a lot of people seem to first ask why would anyone, esp someone who is beautiful and successful like Rihanna, stay in a relationship where there is even a hint of abuse. On the one hand I also wonder about this and could not be more against and revolted by dv, but at the same time I know (really) that it happens and sometimes you just "reason" your way out of things. Things often look so different from the inside than the outside. Also I think that sometimes, when you grow up with something in your home or life, you know it's wrong, but you see/react to it differently than the people who have never experienced it. Sad.

These two topics do not belong in the same post. But this blog is about random things.

1 comment:

Will-E said...

where is the "flamin hots orange" color???