Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter!

Yesterday was awesome. Tiring but awesome.

After work and a nap, W and I rushed around to get to the Hollywood Bowl to see the LA Phil's Tchaikovsky fireworks show. I'm so proud of us because were were Urban Green Couple and took the subway from K-town to the Bowl! high five. OK honestly... it was a lot of waiting since the subway becomes pretty infrequent at night... But it was okay, and the show was great! Got to catch up with my old roommate too :)

(video here later)

THEN, I rushed to Universal Citywalk to catch the IMAX premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!!! I really enjoyed it, although I think my friends had higher expectations so they were disappointed that MANY things were left out. But this was my least favorite book and thus my expectations were low, so I thought it was well done ahah. I love watching the books come to life.



I have think the most crucial scene they left out was after Sirius' death. They really downplayed how devastated Harry was and did not explain what that "curtain" was. The book has a scene where he talks to Luna about the death and including it would have helped a lot for people who haven't read the book.

The end was in 3D which would have been awesome except they didn't do it very well. 60% of the time it was blurry, but they did get the one part with glass and sand flying everywhere down. THAT was cool. Anyway I'm so excited to get the new book now!


so little! Hermione is so pretty now.

No comments: