Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sea Dragons!

I went to Long Beach's aquarium this past weekend. I was excited just because I like to be excited for things, but I wasn't expecting to be wow'ed since I have been to quite a few aquariums and they usually have the same things. But the Aquarium of the Pacific was to prove me wrong!!

BEHOLD!!

The Weedy Sea Horse!!


So I saw that and I thought, "wow, that's pretty crazy looking!" A little Puff-the-Magic-Dragon-y. (Btw, I didn't take any of these pics cuz my digicam had died by then due to my manic picture-taking of the Lion Fish (also very cool).)

BUT THEN!!! I SAW...

THE LEAFY SEA DRAGON!!!!


Now I was really blown away. CRAZY!!! I have never seen these creatures before :D

2 comments:

jess said...

yay! i just saw these guys at the aquarium in chicago and i credit them with giving me back my childhood sense of wonder.

Anonymous said...

I just saw some of these at the Monterey, CA aquarium and was amazed. I was looking for photos of them on Google Images. It is hard for a picture to do justice but yours is very good!